These sisters slay!
Solange Knowles made history with the release of her first album since 2012, “A Seat At the Table“, after it jumped to the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
This is Solange’s first time in the top slot, and also makes her and Beyonce the first sisters to have both scored No. 1 albums. The only other siblings to have achieved such success are Michael and Janet Jackson, as well as Master P and his brother, Silkk the Shocker.
Like the Jackson siblings did in 2001 with their albums “Invincible” and “All For You”, Solange and Beyonce both nabbed the No. 1 spot in the same calendar year.
Beyonce has six No. 1s, including this year’s “Lemonade” album, while the late King of Pop also racked up six No 1s, including “Thriller” in 1983 and “This Is It” soundtrack in 2009. Meanwhile, Janet has seven No. 1s, starting with her 1986 album, “Control”.
Solange’s “A Seat at the Table” has been met with much critical acclaim — with stars including Lena Dunham, Calvin Harris and Rashida Jones praising the album — and Beyonce is clearly her sister’s biggest fan. “Congrats to my sister on creating this beautiful work of art,” she Instagrammed. “I could not be more proud of you @saintrecords.”
It was also a big weekend for Queen Bey, who wrapped up her “Formation” tour in New Jersey on Friday night, with special guests Kendrick Lamar, Serena Williams and Jay Z. Check it out:
More From ET:
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Says
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump’s Ex, Marla Maples, Speaks Out on His Attack Against Ted
- Kate Gosselin Reveals 12-Year-Old Son Collin Is Away Getting Help
- ‘MASH’ Star Wayne Rogers Dies at 82
- Sofia Vergara Has an Epic Birthday Party, Gets Best Joe Manganiello