“The Good Wife” spinoff has a title.
Filming has begun in New York City on the new “Good Wife” series, which will be called “The Good Fight”, CBS announced Monday.
Led by returning “Good Wife” stars Christine Baranski and Cush Jumbo, “The Good Fight” will pick up one year after the events of the season seven finale. Rose Leslie, Delroy Lindo, Bernadette Peters, Paul Guilfoyle and Erica Tazel are the new faces joining the “Good Wife” universe, while Sarah Steele will reprise her role as Marissa Gold, Eli Gold’s daughter.
In the new series, a huge financial scam has destroyed the reputation of a young lawyer, Maia (Leslie), while simultaneously wiping out her mentor, Diane Lockhart’s (Baranski), savings. Forced out of Lockhart & Lee, they join Lucca Quinn (Jumbo) at one of Chicago’s top law firms.
“The Good Fight” will premiere new episodes on CBS’ digital On Demand and live-streaming service, CBS All Access, following a broadcast debut on CBS in February 2017.
The spinoff also marks the return of “Good Wife” creators Robert and Michelle King, who serve as showrunners. Executive producer Brooke Kennedy will direct the first episode.
The Kings spoke to ET earlier this year about why it was a “no-brainer” to do a spinoff focused on Baranski’s character.
“[Diane Lockhart] was one of those characters, other than Will Gardner, that really seemed to pull audiences in,” Robert told ET at the time. “There’s a certain solidity to her and a certain sense that she commands a room , but also there’s a sensitivity beneath it. So it was a no-brainer to bring her onto the spinoff.”
For more on the origins of “The Good Fight”, check out ET’s exclusive interview with the Kings below.
More From ET
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Say
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump’s Ex, Marla Maples, Speaks Out on His Attack Against Ted
- Kris Jenner, 59, Shows Off Bikini Bod, Shoots Down Tummy Tuck Rumors
- Ireland Baldwin, 19, Gets Cozy With Olivia Wilde’s 39-Year-Old Ex-Husband
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Will Walk in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show