Charlize Theron is embracing her age!
The 41-year-old actress, who graces the cover of Vanity Fair Italia‘s November issue, opened up to the magazine about what it’s like to age in Hollywood and the importance of body positivity in an industry driven by looks and youth.
“The time has come for women to realize that the way we look outside is not the most important thing and it’s not true we are worth less when we age,” she says.
“Now that I’m 41 I work much more than 20 years ago, and I enjoy it even more. And all the women I know say the same thing, so it’s time to stop this cliché,” she continues. “Movies are just the mirror of society; the real problem is there. Hollywood’s gender problem is nothing compared to the society’s problem.”
The Oscar winner went on to explain that aging is a natural process that cannot be controlled, but instead should be embraced.
“How could I be afraid of something so natural? Aging is part of our life, we can’t avoid that,” she says. “And a part of me is really grateful for all the things that have happened since I started aging, now I’m much wiser than 20 years ago.”
“A wrinkle is nothing compared to that,” she concludes.
Last month, a source confirmed to ET that Theron had gained 35 pounds for her new film, “Tully”, in which she portrays Marlo, a mother of three who recently gave birth.
For more on her transformation, watch the video below.
More From ET
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- Kris Jenner, 59, Shows Off Bikini Bod, Shoots Down Tummy Tuck Rumors
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump’s Ex, Marla Maples, Speaks Out on His Attack Against Ted
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Say
- Ireland Baldwin, 19, Gets Cozy With Olivia Wilde’s 39-Year-Old Ex-Husband
- Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui Thanks Fans for ‘Love and Concern’ After