America Ferrera is heartbroken.
The 32-year-old actress took to social media on Wednesday to share her disappointment over Tuesday night’s presidential election results.
“The grief comes in waves,” she wrote on Instagram, along with a photo of herself with tears running down her face.
“As if someone I loved died,” she continued. “I’ve never felt this brand of sadness before. If you cried all day- you are not alone. We deserve to mourn. Patiently waiting for the sadness to transform into something more useful.”
“There is beauty worth fighting for,” she wrote in another post. “We will rise up, and we will protect one another, and we will do whatever we can, for as long as we can, because that’s what we’re here to do.”
Ferrera has been an outspoken Hillary Clinton supporter since 2008. After it was confirmed that Donald Trump beat Clinton as the president-elect, stars like Katy Perry, Madonna, Alec Baldwin, and John Legend took to social media to express their surprise and sorrow.
Watch the video below.
More From ET:
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- Kris Jenner, 59, Shows Off Bikini Bod, Shoots Down Tummy Tuck Rumours
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Says
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump’s Ex, Marla Maples, Speaks Out on His Attack Against Ted Cruz’s Wife
- ‘Bachelorette’ Kaitlyn Bristowe on Sex with Contestant: I’m Not Ashamed Of It
- Prince Harry Set to Make First Public Appearance Since Confirming Romance