This may explain why Shakira had to cancel two big shows recently.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” singer took to Instagram on Tuesday to let fans know that her 21-month-old son, Sasha, is feeling better after dealing with illness.
“Thanks for all the messages you sent for Sasha while he was sick,” the 39-year-old artist shared. “Everything is under control now, and he’s back to his cheerful self!”
ET has reached out to Shakira’s rep.
Last week, Shakira tweeted that she would have to miss scheduled performances at the Latin GRAMMYs, as well as the American Music Awards, for personal reasons.
“Due to personal matters, I won’t be able to travel to Las Vegas & LA to attend the @LatinGRAMMYs or the @AMAs this year,” she wrote. “I will be accompanying @carlosvives in spirit @LatinGRAMMYs, celebrating this incredible year that we’ve shared together with #LaBicicleta.”
Watch the video below for more.
More From ET:
- Alec Baldwin Reacts to Donald Trump’s Presidential Win: ‘He’s All Yours,
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- Kris Jenner, 59, Shows Off Bikini Bod, Shoots Down Tummy Tuck Rumours
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Says
- Kate Gosselin Reveals 12-Year-Old Son Collin Is Away Getting Help for ‘Special
- Gwen Ifill, ‘PBS NewsHour’ Anchor, Is Dead at 61