Ryan Seacrest is safe and sound after a fire broke out at his $49-million mansion Sunday evening.
The media mogul shared the frightening news on Instagram Monday, revealing that there was a “fire last night at the house.”
“Thank god everyone is ok. Thanks again @beverlyhillsfirefighters,” he captioned a charred piece of furniture.
Though Seacrest didn’t provide additional details, according to TMZ, the damage was caused by an “electrical fire off Seacrest’s driveway”…which quickly spread to nearby trashcans.
The majority of Seacrest’s 9,200 square-foot home, which is spread over three acres of land, remains “intact” after the blaze.
“My worst nightmare happened,” Seacrest told listeners of his radio show, “On Air With Ryan Seacrest”, the morning after the blaze. “You’re so grateful no one is hurt, you’re so grateful you’re there to find it.”
According to Us Weekly, Seacrest told listeners the fire was likely caused by unusually heavy rains in Los Angeles, which led an electrical box to pop near his driveway and set fire to a trashcan, which then spread to a tree and the surrounding area. He also told listeners that his car would have caught fire if he hadn’t moved it to a different location earlier in the day.
“The firefighters come and you’re just so happy to see them,” he added.