Rumours of a feud between “Fate of The Furious” stars Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Vin Diesel have plagued the stars since last summer, and at the action flick’s New York premiere on Saturday, both separately addressed the situation with “Entertainment Tonight.”
ET’s Kevin Frazier caught up with both men on the red carpet and Johnson, while not denying there’s been tension between the two, said, “Just like in life, you have different philosophies and people have different fundamental philosophies on you you do things,” and added, “the most important thing is just the movie. So I’m happy that we’re here in New York City, I’m happy the fans love it.”
Diesel, who in addition to starring in the eighth instalment is also one of the franchise producers, went a bit further to assure he’s anything but furious at his co-star and said, “We still love each other, that’s my boy,” and added, “when I was making that difficult decision, should there be an 8 or not, I called (Johnson) and he said, ‘Brother, I will be there shoulder to shoulder with you to make sure it’s the best movie in history.'”
Diesel has already downplayed the feud between him and Johnson telling USA Today recently, “I don’t think the world really realizes how close we are,” adding, “I think some things may be blown out of proportion. I don’t think that was his intention.”
Johnson told ET at Saturday’s premiere, “I think all of the other stuff kind of just has a way of working itself out.”
Rumours of a feud between the two muscle men sparked in August of last year when The Rock posted a photo to his Instagram praising his female co-stars while calling out unnamed male co-stars as unprofessional, referring to them as “chicken s**t” and “candy a**es.”
“The Fate of The Furious” speeds into theatres April 14.
Go behind the scenes on some of craziest stunts in the action-packed franchise in the video below.
More from ET: