If a hip-hop musical based on the feud between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr could become one of the biggest hits in the history of Broadway, why not a musical based on one of TV’s most successful sitcoms?
That’s an easy train of thought to follow, and one that resulted in “Friends: The Musical!”, set to makes its debut off-Broadway this fall at New York City’s Triad Theatre.
The sitcom-inspired musical is the brainchild of composers Bob and Toby McSmith, who have written similar pop-culture parody musicals in the past, including “Kardashian: The Musical!”, “Full House! The Musical!” and “90210! The Musical!”
Expect to see a number devoted to Central Perk (“The Only Coffee Shop in New York”), an ode to Ugly Naked Guy, a song featuring Chandler’s annoying girlfriend (“Oh. My. God. It’s Janice!”) and “The Ballad of Fat Monica”.
Tickets for the upcoming musical go on sale in June, and can be purchased right here.
Here’s the complete list of songs from “Friends: The Musical!”
- “The Only Coffee Shop in New York City”
- “45 Grove Street — How Can We Afford This Place?”
- “How You Doing, Ladies?”
- “Hey Ugly Naked Guy Who Lives Across the Street!”
- “We Were On a Break!”
- “I’m Gonna Hump U”
- “Oh. My. God. It’s Janice!”
- “Will They or Won’t They”
- “The Ballad of Fat Monica”
- “Could I Be Anymore…..in Love with Monica”
- “The One Where We Make a Million Dollars An Episode”
- “We’ll Always Be There For You”