Friends and family are remembering the late John Bernecker, a stuntman who was killed in a freak accident while filming the upcoming season of “The Walking Dead” earlier this month.
Bernecker was an experienced stunt actor whose work can be seen in such films as “Logan”, “Fantastic Four”, “Get Out” and others, and his mother is speaking out about the “outpouring of love” she’s experienced since the tragic on-set accident that cost him his life.
“Thank you to all who are concerned and loved my son, John. Your outpouring of love for him is magnificent,” Susan Bernecker told website JustJared in a statement.
“Because of so much false press the only official site for John Bernecker at this time is LiveLikeJohnBernecker.com,” she added. “In lieu of flowers, donations are appreciated and can be made on the website.”
In addition to accepting donations, the website includes photos of Bernecker along with information about his funeral service, scheduled to take place Saturday, July 29 in New Orleans.
During this year’s Comic-Con panel for “The Walking Dead”, showrunner Scott M. Gimple paid tribute to Bernecker, who was 33.
“John passed away last week after he was injured doing something he loved,” said Gimple, reported Deadline. “He helped make movies and shows for people like everyone in this room. He was living his dream.”