Maurice Lamont, the photographer that Justin Bieber accidentally struck with his vehicle after leaving The City Church service in Beverly Hills, California, on Wednesday, is speaking out.
Lamont took to Instagram on Thursday to give his family and friends an update on his recovery, posting a video of himself that he recorded from his hospital bed.
“OK. Shotgetter’s hanging in there everybody. Hour before my birthday hits I get ran over by Justin Bieber,” he says in the video. “Isn’t that something? He’s a good kid though. I think the truck was a little bit too big for him though ’cause there’s no way he could see over the front.”
“But like I said, he got out, he was compassionate, he’s a good kid, accidents happen,” Lamont added. “Hopefully everything works out here. Getting ready to go into the x-rays right now.”
As ET previously reported, a spokesperson for the Beverly Hills Police Department said the 23-year-old pop star remained on the scene and was fully cooperative with law enforcement. At 9:24 p.m., police were notified that a 57-year-old male was on the ground complaining of injuries to his leg after a traffic collision. “He was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries,” the spokesperson told ET.
The incident was caught on tape, and Bieber, who can be seen behind the wheel, was driving slowly when he struck the photographer. The “Sorry” singer subsequently got out of the vehicle, and spoke with the man as he was lying on the ground.
Hear more on the incident in the video below.
More From ET: