This year’s list of appointees to the prestigious Order of Canada has been announced, and among those to be honoured are a number of well-known Canadian entertainers and media figures.
This year’s honourees include:
* Actress/filmmaker Sarah Polley, a former child actor (The Road to Avonlea) who has gone on to star in films such as Splice, and is also the director of such critically acclaimed films Away From Her, Take This Waltz and Stories We Tell.
* Blue Rodeo singer-songwriters Jim Cuddy and Greg Keelor.
* Actor Colm Feore, whose lengthy resume includes playing everyone from Pierre Trudeau in two made-for-TV movies to the president’s husband on 24.
* Novelist and sculptor Douglas Coupland, famous for coining the term “Generation X.”;
* Mystery novelist Louise Penny, author of the Armand Gamache series of murder mysteries.
* Fashion journalist Jeanne Beker
The 2014 Order of Canada recipients will be honoured at an upcoming ceremony to be held at a later date.