Beyonce gave an emotional performance during her Tuesday night concert in Detroit, Michigan.
The 34-year-old singer — who recently raised $82,000 to help the Flint, Michigan water crisis — dedicated her hit ballad, “Halo,”; to the families of those slain in the mass shooting at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. “This is a song about love,”; she told the audience. “This is to all the family members who lost family members in Florida.”;
— BEYONCE COLOMBIA (@beyoncColombia) June 15, 2016
Prior to her performance, Beyonce took to Instagram on Sunday and paid tribute to those slain in the shooting. “Condolences and prayers to Orlando,”; she captioned a pic of a floral peace sign.
On Monday, Lady Gaga broke down during her speech in remembrance of those who were killed in Orlando. “As we have now witnessed the largest mass shooting in American history, I can’t help but feel that this level of hatred, like all prejudicial crimes, this is an attack on humanity itself,” she said. “Tonight, I gather humbly with you, as a human being, in peace, in sincerity, in commitment, in solidarity, to take a real moment and mourn the tragic loss of these innocent, beautiful people.”
- “MASH’ Star Wayne Rogers Dies at 82
- Justin Bieber Cuddles Up To Hailey Baldwin, Calls Her “The One and Only’
- Miley Cyrus Says She Got a “Macho Energy’ When Dating a Woman
- EXCLUSIVE: Gwen Stefani on Collaborating With Eminem: “He’s a Real Artist’
- Selena Gomez Talks Friendship With Jennifer Aniston: ‘She Gives Me Maternal Ad
- Beyonce vs. Rachel Roy: 8 Things to Know About the Fashion Designer