Seth Rogen is not happy with the way the media handled the Sony hack, nearly two years ago.
While appearing on HBO’s “Any Given Wednesday”, show host Bill Simmons asked Rogen what he thought about journalists calling the “stolen” information from the hack “leaked” property, to which the actor replied, “That is honestly the thing that drives me f***ing crazy.”
Related: ‘Steve Jobs’ Star Seth Rogen Slams Studio Executives
Since the 2014 Sony hacks, many critics have contended that the media were aiding the hackers by publishing their content. Rogen adds, “That’s what I think, honestly, looking back in 10 years, the Sony hack’s most relevance lies there. It was the first major cyber-attack that actually kind of put the media to the test of like, ‘How do we deal with this?'”
While a dialogue of the gender wage gap in Hollywood was brought to light through the hacks, Rogen asserts it was unfair of the production company to pressure former co-hair Amy Pascal to step down. “One person lost their job: a woman who was running the studio, who specifically had a very feminist agenda in the best way possible,” Rogen says. “She greenlit the Ghostbusters movie, she had been talking about making movies specifically less homophobic in a lot of ways, and she’s the one person who basically lost her job over it.”
Related: New Documentary To Examine Infamous Sony Hack, More Bombshells To Come?
During the interview, the actor jokes he was worried that his personal emails might also have been revealed. “I would have had some explaining to do,” he said with a laugh. “You talk sh** about a million people in your day-to-day life in your emailing, especially if the last 20 years of my emails had come out, which I would have not liked.”
Rogen recently spoke alongside Salma Hayek about his role in the new raunchy comedy “Sausage Party” in Los Angeles.