Sylvester Stallone has spoken out after his younger half-brother, Dante Stallone, was allegedly attacked by two suspects in Tallahassee, Florida.
“This is a wonderful young man, a straight-A student who would not cause any trouble,” says the 70-year-old Expendables star. “It’s just so tragic and terribly sad.”
The 19-year-old called the cops in the early hours of Saturday morning, reporting that two suspects had approached him while he was walking near Florida State University, with one punching him in the face.
According to a media release from the Tallahassee Police Department, Dante then ran towards the FSU campus, where he realized he needed medical attention and was taken to the hospital by a friend.
TMZ reports that his injuries include a shattered jaw, split palate and broken and knocked out teeth, and he will require reconstructive surgery.
The case is now being investigated by the Violent Crimes Unit.
See Sylvester react to his Oscar loss earlier this year in the video below.
More From ET:
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump’s Ex, Marla Maples, Speaks Out on His Attack Against Ted
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Says
- Kate Gosselin Reveals 12-Year-Old Son Collin Is Away Getting Help
- EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin Marries Dakota Meyer!
- Chrissy Teigen Lashes Out at Haters Criticizing Her Eating Cereal During Pregnant