This is a little jarring!
“Mad Men” star Vincent Kartheiser may have had his breakout role playing New York City ad man Pete Campbell on the critically acclaimed AMC series, but now it looks like the 37-year-old actor is getting on the other side of the advertisement as the new face of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
The fast food chain, who has featured several celebrity Colonel Sanders’ in recent ad campaigns, including Darrell Hammond, Norm MacDonald, and Jim Gaffigan, debuted a new ad on Friday featuring Kartheiser as the “heartthrob Nashville Hot Colonel” in promotion of its Nashville Hot Chicken.
In case you can’t quite see Kartheiser’s likeness in the 30-second spot, Adweek tweeted out a clearer picture of the new Colonel below.
KFC said in a statement to the publication that they “sought out a young actor with lots of hair and flair,” for the new character. “Vincent’s vintage good looks and piercing blue eyes made him perfect for the role.”
Piercing and blue as those eyes may be, he’ll always be Pete to us!
And while becoming the KFC Colonel is certainly an unexpected turn for Campbell’s life to have taken, if “Mad Men” taught us anything, it’s that life can take a lot of those.
Watch the video below for why Kartheiser’s co-star, Christina Hendricks, dreams of a “Mad Men” spin-off.
More From ET:
- Kris Jenner Calls Pregnant Kim Kardashian a ‘Closet Eater’
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump’s Ex, Marla Maples, Speaks Out on His Attack Against Ted
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, ‘It Doesn’t Look Good,’ Source Says
- Kate Gosselin Reveals 12-Year-Old Son Collin Is Away Getting Help
- EXCLUSIVE: Bristol Palin Marries Dakota Meyer!
- Chrissy Teigen Lashes Out at Haters Criticizing Her Eating Cereal During Pregnant