They don’t call him The Boss for nothing!
According to music industry journal Pollstar, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have taken top honours as the top-grossing concert act of 2016, narrowly edging out Beyonce to take the title of the year’s highest-earning touring act.
Springsteen’s world tour, which began in January 2016 and wrapped in September, grossed an average of $4 million per show, with total gross earnings of $268.3 million, topping Queen Bey’s annual concert gross of $256.4 million.
Coming in at third place is Coldplay, which raked in an impressive $241 million.
The only two Canadians to make the list are Justin Bieber (#6, with $163.3 mil from his Purpose tour) and Celine Dion, who pulled in $85.5 million from her Las Vegas residency and landed in 10th place.
Here, according to Pollstar, are the top 10 highest-grossing touring acts of 2016:
1. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, $268.3 million
2. Beyonce, $256.4 million
3. Coldplay, $241 million
4. Guns N’ Roses, $188.4 million
5. Adele, $167.7 million
6. Justin Bieber, $163.3 million
7. Paul McCartney, $110.6 million
8. Garth Brooks, $97 million
9. The Rolling Stones, $90.9 million
10. Celine Dion, $85.5 million