There’s been no love lost between Charlie Sheen and producers of Two and a Half Men after ugly lawsuits and Charlie repeatedly badmouthing series creator Chuck Lorre when he was fired from the hit sitcom during one of Hollywood’s all-time great celebrity meltdowns.
Despite the scorched earth left behind after Charlie was turfed from the show and replaced by Ashton Kutcher, Charlie is reportedly keen to mend fences in order to make one final appearance on Men when it bows out for good at the end of this season.
According to TV Guide, Charlie has reached out to Two and a Half Men producers about a potential return for the series’ swan song.
“I’ve reached out to them and they’ve reached back,”; he tells TV Guide. “We’re trying to figure out what makes the most sense. If they figure it out like I’ve presented it to them and they want to include me in some final send-off, I’m available and I’m showing up early. If not, it’s on them.”;
As Charlie explains, one last (and, presumably, beyond-the-grave) appearance from Charlie Harper would signal “good will and a tip of the hat to the fans,”; although it would seem there would be plenty of fences to mend before it could actually happen.
As for whether Charlie and Chuck have made up after all the public vitriol, Charlie says, “Ethereally we have, personally we have not. But I’m easy to grab. He was doing his job, I was doing mine. At the end of the day, the guy’s a genius. Look at what he does. I don’t have to spend time with him anymore for him to be brilliant. I wish him nothing but the best.”;
What would it take, asks TV Guide, for Charlie to return? “Just a couple of hugs and a couple of high-fives and see you guys on a Friday night, let’s do this in front of an audience,”; says Charlie. So far, neither Chuck Lorre nor Warner Bros. Television, which produces the show (and which Charlie sued for millions), has commented on Charlie’s statements.