* Lifetime has found its Marilyn Monroe! Pan Am‘s Kelli Garner will take on the iconic bombshell in the network’s upcoming miniseries which is strongly based on J. Randy Taraborrelli’s book, The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe. “She’s the Marilyn you haven’t seen before, the artist who, by masking the truth with an image, gives her greatest performance,” Lifetime explains of their four-hour series. Susan Sarandon is also set to star as Monroe’s mentally ill mother, Gladys. [THR]
* Julianne Moore opened up to More magazine about the real reason behind her taking a role in “Mockingjay”;: “For a child moving into adolescence, the big question is, Do I have free will? Can I determine my own future? [At that age] you’re still with your parents. But you’re asking yourself, “Who am I?’ Most of the films I make are not for kids. My son was in line for the midnight show when The Hunger Games first came out. They both loved the books. For them, my being in Mockingjay was fairly meaningful.” [More]
* In possibly the best parody of the year, a fan has created an amazing video of The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer dubbed with Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” over the audio track. And we’re happy to report, it is perfectly synced. Watch for yourself below. [JustJared]
[vimeo 109840921 w=500 h=304]
* At almost 70-years-old, Oscar-winner Helen Mirren has been revealed as the new face of L’Oreal. It’s the first beauty brand the actress has attached her name to, celebrating her ageless elegance in a series of natural-looking photos that don’t appear to have been airbrushed. Mirren’s modest about her newest role as a L’Oreal spokesmodel: “I am not gorgeous and I never was, but I was always okay looking and I’m keen to stay that way. I have always loved the L’Oreal Paris brand, and I hope I can inspire other women towards greater confidence by making the most of their natural good looks. We are all worth it!” [The Daily Mail]
* Never-not-delightful video vendors (and lovable pop-rock outfit) OK Go premiered their latest promo on this morning’s edition of Today. The clip for “I Won’t Let You Down”; features the band riding around on some sort gizmo called a Uni-Cub that’s currently in the development stage at Honda. We have the video embedded below on the off chance that your mornings are Lauerless.
* The American Music Awards have bulked up their performer list for next month’s ceremony. One Direction, Lorde and “London Bridge”; songstress Fergie have all been tagged to join in on the AMA reindeer games. Previously announced performers include 5 Seconds of Summer, Charli XCX, Sam Smith and Mary J. Blige. Pitbull continues his streak of appearing in everything all the time by taking the hosting reins once again for this year’s ceremony. The American Music Awards are going down on November 23. We’re about a half-decade removed from Lady Gaga doing “Bad Romance/Speechless”; at the 2009 AMAs. [The AMAs]
* Saturday Night Live will be offering up eight minutes of uninterrupted Prince this week. 3rdeyegirl will be involved in some capacity. [Billboard]
* Taylor Swift to play this year’s edition of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest. [Billboard]
* Imagine Dragons have pulled back the curtain on the debut single from their upcoming sophomore album. “I Bet My Life”; is roughly as jumbo-sized as you might imagine and it seems destined to be just as much of a movie trailer staple of the other singles from these Vegas arena-fillers.
* The first picture of Emma Watson and Mikael Mikael Nyqvist have been revealed from “Colonia Dignidad”;, a film about a young couple in the Chilean coup of 1973. And in casting news, co-stars Richenda Carey (“Separate Lies”), Vicky Krieps (“A Most Wanted Man”), August Zirner (“The Counterfeiters”) and Martin Wuttke (“Inglourious Basterds”) will join Daniel Brühl and Watson in the movie.