UPDATE (Monday, Nov. 24 1:15 p.m. ET): Former NBC exec Frank Scotti appeared on this morning’s Today Show to reiterate claims that he paid off multiple women on Bill Cosby’s behalf, describing himself as “Cosby’s right-hand man.”;

Although Scotti claims it was his job “to guard the door after bringing young women to Cosby’s dressing room in Brooklyn,”; he admitted that “he doesn’t know what went on behind closed doors.”;

However, he told Today“s Kate Snow that he was uncomfortable with the arrangement. “I felt like a pimp,”; says 90-year-old Scotti. “Every time he had somebody I had to watch, I had the girl stay there. I felt dirty.”;

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

UPDATE (Sunday, Nov. 23, 10:50 a.m. ET): So far we’ve seen a number of women step forward accusing Bill Cosby of drugging and raping them, including supermodel Janice Dickinson and the wife of bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno. Now, former NBC executive Frank Scotti has made the shocking claim that he stood outside the star’s Cosby Show dressing room while Cosby “mentored”; numerous attractive young models, and personally helped deliver thousands of dollars in what he believes to be hush money to eight different women.

In an exclusive story in The New York Daily News, 90-year-old Scotti dropped the bombshell about Cosby’s womanizing during the run of his hit sitcom, in which he played beloved husband and father Cliff Huxtable.

“He had everybody fooled,” Scott told the Daily News. “Nobody suspected.”;

Scotti alleges that he delivered monthly cash payouts to eight different women during 1989-’90.

“I was suspicious that something was going on,” said Scotti. “I suspected that he was having sex with them… Why else would he be sending money? He was sending these women $2,000 a month. What else could I think?”

Scotti also tells The News that he had an agreement with a New York modelling agency, which sent aspiring young models — some as young as 16 years old — whom Scotti would deliver to Cosby’s dressing room.

Cosby’s lawyer, Martin Singer, vehemently denies Scott’s claims. “What evidence does he have of Mr. Cosby’s involvement?” Singer said of Scotti. “How would Scotti know if a woman was a model or a secretary? It appears that his story is pure speculation so that he can get his 15 minutes of fame.”

UPDATE (Saturday, Nov. 22, 1:15 p.m. ET): Kathie Lee Gifford served as Bill Cosby’s opening act, and she claims that she never saw any evidence of the allegations made by numerous women that he drugged and raped them

“In the two years I saw a steady parade of all kinds of people going in and out of his house and his dressing room, but Bill was good to people, very generous to people,”; Gifford told People magazine. “I personally never saw him treat a woman the way it’s been alleged, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen – I never saw it.”; 

The accusations levelled against Bill Cosby continue to grow, as more accusers come forward (including an actress who appeared in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, a Florida nurse and the wife of bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno) claiming to have been drugged and raped by the once-beloved sitcom star.

While Cosby continues to remain silent about these allegations, the fallout has been severe for the 77-year-old comedian, who has seen his latest comedy special shelved by Netflix, plans for a comeback NBC sitcom scuttled and a Las Vegas performance cancelled.

Cosby’s lawyer, however, is speaking out in a statement in which he dismisses the accusers’ claims as “unsubstantiated, fantastical stories”; that he categorizes as “ridiclous,”; blaming a “media-driven feeding frenzy”; for fuelling the ever-growing scandal.

“The new, never-before-heard claims from women who have come forward in the past two weeks with unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40, or even 50 years ago have escalated far past the point of absurdity,”; says Cosby’s attorney, Martin Singer. “These brand new claims about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous, and it is completely illogical that so many people would have said nothing, done nothing, and made no reports to law enforcement or asserted civil claims if they thought they had been assaulted over a span of so many years.”;

Continues Singer: “Lawsuits are filed against people in the public eye every day. There has never been a shortage of lawyers willing to represent people with claims against rich, powerful men, so it makes no sense that not one of these new women who just came forward for the first time now ever asserted a legal claim back at the time they allege they had been sexually assaulted.”;

Singer then goes on to blame the media for its coverage of the story. “This situation is an unprecedented example of the media’s breakneck rush to run stories without any corroboration or adherence to traditional journalistic standards,”; Singer states. “Over and over again, we have refuted these new unsubstantiated stories with documentary evidence, only to have a new uncorroborated story crop up out of the woodwork. When will it end? It is long past time for this media vilification of Mr. Cosby to stop.”;