One of the most controversial contestants to ever appear on “The Bachelor” is fighting back after allegations of drunken sexcapades with a controversial “Bachelorette” contestant that reportedly slammed the brakes on filming for the upcoming season of “Bachelor in Paradise”.
The contestant in question is Corinne Olympios, she of the “platinum vagine” from the most recent season of the romance reality hit, who is rumoured (according to TMZ) to have engaged in openly sexual behaviour with DeMario Jackson (who appears in the still-airing season of “The Bachelorette”) in full view of other show participants while the cameras rolled; “Bachelor in Paradise” network ABC and Warner Bros. (which produces the show) have not named either party as being involved with the alleged incident, but have confirmed that “allegations of misconduct” led to a halt in production.
Olympios, however, is finally breaking her silence, issuing a statement to ET Canada in which she claims to “have little memory” of the incident.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” says Olympios in her statement. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
The statement continues: “As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that the attorney she’s hired is Marty Singer, who is about as heavy as Hollywood heavyweight lawyers get. Described by THR as “a pit bull attorney who is known for sending ferocious legal threats and representing many troubled A-listers,” Singer’s clients have included Arnold Schwarzenegger, Quentin Tarantino, Bryan Singer, Sharon Stone, John Travolta and Charlie Sheen, on whose behalf he sued Warner Bros. for $100 million over Sheen’s claims of being wrongfully dismissed from “Two and a Half Men”; Singer previously repped Bill Cosby, but parted ways with the embattled comedian in 2015 as allegations of sexual assault mounted.
“Bachelor” host Chris Harrison previously released a statement about the incident, remaining vague about the details but revealing an internal investigation (albeit not a criminal one) is underway. “There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident,” stated Harrison. “And there’s a lot of misinformation out there too. We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete.”
Jackson, the other alleged participant in the incident, has also broken his silence about what took place, but had little to offer. “I have nothing to say,” Jackson told ET. “You know, Corinne’s an awesome girl and that’s all I have to say.”