Will Ferrell received the mother of all compliments… from whom you’d least expect.
During his appearance on “What What Happens Life with Andy Cohen”, “The House” star voiced his thoughts on being included in one of Kanye West’s infamous Twitter rants back in 2016, in which the rapper tweeted, “I saw Zoolander 2 for the 2nd time. Will Ferrell has reached walking living breathing god status! His existence is a blessing.”
The 49-year-old actor, who isn’t actually on social media, caught wind of West’s praise.
“My initial reaction was, ‘It’s about time,'” he said. “And I’m just glad someone recognized that.”
Ferrell added that the hip-hop icon’s shout-out earned him major respect from his children, 7-year-old Axel, 10-year-old Mattias and 13-year-old Magnus.
“That totally gave me full-on street cred for life,” he confessed. “Thug life for life.”
The “Old School” star — who famously impersonated George W. Bush throughout his stint on “Saturday Night Live” — also addressed the one time he met the 43rd U.S. President.
“I only interacted with him once when he was then Governor Bush, and he came by the “SNL” studios because they were doing one of those presidential clip shows, and they had Al Gore and Governor Bush introduce the beginning of the show,” he explained. “They really wanted me to come down and say hi to him, and I said, ‘Hello,’ and I could tell he had no idea I played him.”
“Actually, in a galaxy of ways that could have gone, it’s kind of perfect,” Cohen responded.
Ferrell agreed, “It’s kind of perfect, yeah.”
For more from the famous funny guy, watch the video below.
Ferrell’s “The House” alongside Amy Poehler hits theatres Friday.
More From Entertainment Tonight:
- Kim Kardashian Breaks Down in Tears When Kanye West’s Friend Calls About His Hos
- Jeff Probst Reacts to ‘Survivor’ Outing: ‘You Just Don’t Do That to Someone’
- Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck File for Divorce: A Look Back at Their 2-Year Sepa
- Janet Jackson Shares First Photo of Baby Eissa
- EXCLUSIVE: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner’s Divorce Filing Was ‘Only a Matter of Time’
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Host Coachella Party