Rose McGowan Says She Was Offered $1 Million To Stay Hush By ‘Someone Close To’ Harvey Weinstein

Rose McGowan was allegedly offered a cool, crisp $1 million to keep her accusations about Harvey Weinstein under wraps.

The “Charmed” actress broke the news in a new interview with The New York Times on Saturday. McGowan, 44, has been a primary voice championing women’s rights ever since her name was linked to a series of sexual harassment settlements involving Weinstein.

RELATED: Rose McGowan Cancels Festival Appearance After Weinstein Accusations

“Women fight on,” she wrote after her name was linked to the studio executive in early October. “And to the men out there, stand up. We need you as allies.”

According to the publication, “someone close to Mr. Weinstein” offered McGowan $1 million to sign a nondisclosure agreement the day before the New York Times released their expose about Weinstein. “I had all these people I’m paying telling me to take it so that I could fund my art,” she said in the new interview.

RELATED: Rose McGowan Claims Harvey Weinstein Raped Her

The Sundance Film Festival Award-nominee countered the offer and asked for $6 million. “I figured I could probably have gotten him up to three,” she explained. “But I was like, ‘Ew, gross, you’re disgusting, I don’t want your money, that would make me feel disgusting.’”

McGowan was allegedly raped by Weinstein and had previously reached a $100,000 settlement over an incident at a hotel room in 1997.

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP