Tom Sizemore Removed From Upcoming Film After Allegations Surface That He Molested 11-Year-Old Actress

Tom Sizemore is currently attempting a Hollywood comeback after years of crystal meth addiction that cratered his once-promising career, but an incident from his past has resurfaced that is beyond disturbing.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sizemore was sent home from the Utah set of “Born Killers” in 2003 after an 11-year-old actress in the movie accused him of touching her genitals, with numerous members of the cast and crew confirming the account.

On Wednesday, Deadline reported that the actor, who had been cast to play the lead in the upcoming film “The Door”, has been dropped from the production, with his role set to be recast.

The film’s production company, Global Genesis, said that the recent allegations surrounding Sizemore led to his removal from the project.

Sizemore, who received raved reviews for his performances in such films as “Natural Born Killers” and “Saving Private Ryan”, has received far more media attention for his notoriety, which included such low points as being convicted of physically abusing then-girlfriend Heidi Fleiss (a.k.a. the “Hollywood Madam”) and bottoming out on “Celebrity Rehab”.

This new charge, however, marks a new low for the actor, 55, who reportedly denied the claim upon being confronted with it, but was dropped by his management firm shortly after the alleged incident occurred.

RELATED: Tom Sizemore Arrested For Domestic Violence

As THR reports, the alleged molestation took place toward the end of the film’s production while publicity photos were taken of the young actress (now 26, who prefers to remain unidentified) sitting on Sizemore’s lap.

Actress Robyn Adamson was on the set at the time of the alleged incident, and tells THR: “At one point her eyes got just huge, like she could’ve vomited.” She also recalls that after the photo shoot, the young actress “had trouble taking direction.”

The following day, casting director Catrine McGregor told THR she received a call from the girl’s agent, who said the girl told her mother “she had been inappropriately touched.”

Michael Manshel and Gus Spoliansky, producers of the film, tell THR that when they learned of the child’s allegation, Sizemore was immediately removed from the set, with Manshel noting that “they did talk to the police but didn’t press charges.”

RELATED: Stuntman Seriously Injured On Set Of ‘Shooter’, Reportedly Run Over By Tom Sizemore

He adds: “We also talked to Tom at the time and told him everything that had been told to us and he said: ‘I’ve done a lot of awful things, and I’d never do anything with kids.’”

THR reported that after the girl’s parents did not press charges, Sizemore was brought back to to film reshoots. Explains Spoliansky: “We had a fiduciary responsibility to complete the film so we decided to go about business as usual — lacking the evidence of what happened that day. We took the allegation extremely seriously and we were willing to do anything, including dismissing Tom. We just couldn’t be police, judge and jury.”

Contacted for comment, Sizemore’s agent, Stephen Rice, had this to say: “Our position is ‘no comment.’”

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP