Director John Carpenter is very much alive, but somebody should have told Rotten Tomatoes.

RELATED: Director John Carpenter Doesn’t Mince Words When It Comes To ‘Friday The 13th’ Franchise

In a now-deleted Tweet, the movie review aggregation site mistakenly implied that the “Escape from New York” and “Halloween” director had died.

The tweet was meant in celebration of Carpenter’s 70th birthday Tuesday, but instead said the director “would have been 70.”

A few hours later Rotten Tomatoes apologized for the mix-up.

RELATED: Jamie Lee Curtis Returning For Rebooted ‘Halloween’ Franchise

Carpenter himself weighed in on Twitter with his own confirmation he’s still alive and well.

Though Carpenter hasn’t directed a film since 2010’s “The Ward”, he did release an album “Anthology: Movie Themes 1974-1998”, featuring his classic compositions from films like “The Thing” and “Christine”. According to Entertainment Weekly, he also signed a deal last year with Universal Cable Productions to develop a new scripted series.

Click to View Gallery
Stars We’ve Lost In 2018