James Franco was removed from Vanity Fair‘s 2018 Hollywood Issue cover after multiple women accused the actor of sexual misconduct earlier this month. However, the actor can still be seen in some of the behind-the-scenes snaps posted on the magazine’s website.

Franco, 39, was due to star in the prestigious issue alongside the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Nicole Kidman, Harrison Ford and Reese Witherspoon, but the publication has now confirmed that he was edited out at the last minute.

A Vanity Fair spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter Thursday, “We made a decision not to include James Franco on the Hollywood cover once we learned of the misconduct allegations against him.”

Sources familiar with the shoot also told THR that Franco had already shot the portfolio with Annie Leibovitz and done the interview. Luckily though, the shoot didn’t require much editing or a reshoot due to actors being photographed separately in small groups and combined via digital imaging.

RELATED: James Franco Accuser Says Actor Is ‘Absolutely Not A Harvey Weinstein,’ Discusses Sexual Misconduct Claims In First Televised Interview

James Franco’s name can be seen on the wall in one behind-the-scenes snap
James Franco’s name can be seen on the wall in one behind-the-scenes snap — VANITY FAIR

Despite Franco being edited out of the final cover, the actor is still present in a couple of images featured in the magazine’s portfolio of the Hollywood Issue shoot.

His name is still on the wall in one of the sketch photos and his face is shown next to Harrison Ford’s in another shot, if you look at Claire Foy’s portfolio on the site.

He was also spotted next to Harrison Ford in another image
He was also spotted next to Harrison Ford in another image — VANITY FAIR

The latest news comes after Franco spoke to Stephen Colbert about the allegations made against him.

“I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I’ve done. I have to do that to maintain my well-being. I do it whenever I know that there is something wrong or needs to be changed. I make it a point to do it,” he explained. “The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate, but I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So I don’t want to shut them down in any way. It’s, I think, a good thing, and I support it.”

RELATED: James Franco Continues To Address Sexual Misconduct Claims, Says He’ll ‘Take A Knock’ For Time’s Up Movement

ET Canada has contacted Franco’s rep for further comments.

For more from Vanity Fair‘s Hollywood Issue watch the clip below: