“Charles in Charge” star Nicole Eggert has made some serious allegations against longtime co-star Scott Baio, and will discuss them on live television during an appearance on Tuesday’s edition of “Megyn Kelly Today”.
Eggert, now 46, accused Baio of repeatedly molesting her between the ages of 14 to 17 in a series of tweets on Saturday. “Ask Scott Baio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor,” Eggert cryptically tweeted on Saturday in response to another user. “Creep.”
RELATED: Three More Women Accuse Jeremy Piven Of Sexual Misconduct
She quickly elaborated, accusing her co-star of “fingering me at age 14,” a cycle of abuse which allegedly continued through ages “15, 16, and 17.”
In response to the allegations, Baio’s wife Renee revealed the actress had been served multiple cease and desist orders.
Later the same day, Baio disputed the allegations in a Facebook live video.
RELATED: Nelly Denies Rape Allegations
“The reason I’m doing Facebook Live is because no one can edit me,” said the former “Happy Days” star, who co-starred with Eggert on “Charles in Charge” from 1987 until 1990. “This is the truth.” Baio, 57, expressed how Eggert first made the claims against him in 2012 and 2013 in order to promote reality shows she was appearing on.
He concluded: “I don’t know what else to put out there. She’s my best friend in the world, then all of a sudden I’m the bogeyman. The problem with almost all he said/she said cases is they’re he said/she said. Now, go prove it or disprove it… the real problem with this is people with legitimate claims aren’t taken seriously, and that’s too bad.”
The following day, Baio tweeted out a Facebook screen grab of his full response to “Eggert’s false charges,” which includes a “letter from my attorneys.”
Meanwhile, Eggert will appear on Megyn Kelly’s NBC talk show on Tuesday, with a press release from the show stating that this “marks the first time Eggert is coming forward on television to share her story of what she says happened off camera when they were co-stars.”
However, TMZ is confirming Baio’s contention that Eggert had previously taped an episode of “Dr. Oz” way back on Jan. 10 in which she outlined her allegations — but producers ultimately decided not to air it after reportedly receiving a letter from Baio’s attorney.
“After the taping, Baio’s reps sent a threatening letter to the folks at ‘Dr. Oz’ saying he denied the allegations and argued Nicole’s timeline did not make sense,” states TMZ. “She alleges Baio molested her from ages 14 to 17. He says they had a consensual sexual relationship, but only when she was 18.”
Sources tell TMZ that the show was shelved due to “discrepancies on the show between Nicole’s timeline and Scott’s.”