Alexander Polinsky has come forward with allegations of sexual harassment and assault by Scott Baio on the set of ’80s sitcom “Charles in Charge”.
The 43-year-old said Wednesday at a press conference with attorney Lisa Bloom and former co-star Nicole Eggert – who has also accused Baio of sexual assault – that he endured years of abuse by the actor beginning as early as age 11. Baio was in his 20s at the time.
According to Polinsky, Baio exposed himself to his younger co-star, pulled down Polinsky’s pants in front of the crew and taunted him with homophobic slurs.
TMZ reports that Polinksy said he has no intention of suing Baio, but is seeking a public apology.
Last month, Eggert publicly accused Baio of sexual molestation and child abuse during their time on “Charles in Charge”.
Baio denied Eggert’s accusations, telling “Good Morning America” that the alleged abuse was “impossible.”
Baio has since come forward to deny all claims of sexual harassment.
In a statement, read at a press conference, a rep spoke on Baio’s behalf, “For reasons I don’t understand, I am the target of false claims that threaten everything that’s important in my life.”
He added, “But [I’m] mostly stunned that anyone could be so cruel.”
Baio’s attorney Jennifer McGrath said that Baio will cooperate fully with a Los Angeles Police Department investigation into these claims.
Baio has also hired a criminal attorney to take legal action.