‘The Bachelor’ Arie Luyendyk Jr. Says He’s ‘Prepared For The Backlash’ To Season Finale

Arie Luyendyk Jr. is all ready for the dramatic conclusion to his season of “The Bachelor” next week.

Speaking to People about the controversy sure to follow what promises to be a “Bachelor” finale for the ages, Luyendyk was candid.

RELATED: ‘The Bachelor’: Arie Says His Biggest Fear Is ‘Choosing The Wrong Person’ As One Woman’s Ex Shows Up

“I know people are going to be hard on [me],” the 36-year-old race car driver said. “I made a mistake. And I’m prepared for the backlash. But all I can say is I had to follow my heart.”

Rebecca – Photo: ABC/Craig Sjodin
Rebecca – Photo: ABC/Craig Sjodin

On the two-part finale airing next Monday and Tuesday, Luyendyk will choose between 27-year-old publicist Becca Kufrin and 26-year-old sales executive Lauren Burnham.

The two ladies are very “different,” Luyendyk said, but added, “They’re both great in their own individual ways.”

Lauren B. – Photo: ABC/Craig Sjodin
Lauren B. – Photo: ABC/Craig Sjodin

For now, fans just have to wait and speculate about how everything will end.

“[My decision] might not be the most popular,” Luyendyk said. “But for me it’s so worth it.”

RELATED: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Says Current Season Of ‘The Bachelor’ Is Out Of Touch

Luyendyk, Kufrin and Burnham will all be together after the big reveal for a two-hour live special on March 6 where they will unpack everything that went down.

Some of the women sent home earlier in the season will also be back, including Bekah M., Kendall, Seinne and Tia. Plus, the identity of the next Bachelorette will be revealed.



Powered by WordPress.com VIP