Sharon Osbourne Travelled To Mexico Without A Passport: ‘They Wanted To Put Me In A Holding Tank’

Sharon Osbourne forgot one very important thing when travelling to Mexico on a private jet.

“The Talk” co-host revealed she flew to Mexico to see her husband Ozzy Osbourne perform in front of “80,000” people, but accidentally left her passport behind.

“I was on that plane, and we landed in Mexico City at like twenty to six in the evening on Friday and I realized I had forgotten my passport,” Osbourne said. “So the first thing you think of is, Oh. If I sit here, I can get somebody to bring me my passport. I’ll sit here for five hours. We’re in the airport, and then I can go through immigration. Well, no. I couldn’t.”

RELATED: Sharon Osbourne Backs Up Madonna’s ‘Ageism’ Comments

Mexican authorities were unwilling to let Osbourne sit around, insisting she return to the U.S: “They wanted to put [me] in a holding tank.

“Ozzy had a show to get to and all of the guys were going to the show, he had to leave me,” she explained. “And so I’m there with the pilot, and then, we were saying, ‘Somebody will come with the passport.’ They said, ‘No, you can’t. It doesn’t work that way. You have to leave the country.’”

Obviously, Osbourne could not just fly off with a private jet, as Ozzy and his crew would need it to get from Mexico to the next tour destination. So the television personality’s only choice was to fly commercial.

“But you can’t get on a plane without your passport! This was a private plane, but if you want to go on a commercial airline, you need your passport to get back to America, so the airlines wouldn’t take me,” she said. “So I’m stuck.”

Ultimately, it was agreed that Osbourne would indeed fly back on the private jet.

RELATED: Sharon Osbourne Slams Ivana Trump’s Cosmetic Surgery

“So then we said, ‘Okay. This plane will take me home. Fine,’” Osbourne shared. “So they refilled the plane and the authorities there were saying, ‘Fine. You can just leave. Fill the plane and go.’ Well, they knew that the airport was going to close, and so they closed the airport, and I was sat on the runway in the plane.”

“I was sat there from twenty to six until 10:30 the next morning because they kept saying, ‘You can leave. You can leave. The airport opens at 6:00, 6:30, so then you can leave.’ Well no,” she continued. “I couldn’t leave. They still said, ‘You can’t leave. We’ve got paperwork to do on you.’ ‘Okay. Alright.’”

By Saturday afternoon, however, Osbourne had finally returned stateside.

Click to View Gallery

Star Spotting

Get breaking news in your inbox



Powered by VIP