Meghan Markle has released a statement confirming her father will not be attending her wedding to Prince Harry on Saturday.
There has been much speculation surrounding whether or not Thomas Markle, 73, would be walking his daughter down the aisle, but Meghan, 36, announced Thursday this would not be the case.
She said in a statement released via Kensington Palace: “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”
Meanwhile, it seems like Meghan’s mom, Doria Ragland, is already feeling quite at home in the U.K., with reports suggesting she had tea with Princes Charles and Camilla at Clarence House on Wednesday.
Sky News’ Royal Correspondent Rhiannon Mills posted:
It was also reported that Ragland will meet the Queen on Friday at Windsor Castle, after she met Prince William, Kate, Prince George and Princess Charlotte on Thursday.
The latest news comes after it was claimed Wednesday that Meghan’s father Thomas was on the mend following a successful heart operation conducted that morning.
He was said to have suffered a heart attack last week.
Thomas had expressed enthusiasm in walking his daughter down the aisle at Windsor Castle on Saturday, amidst family drama, but the health complication made that impossible.
Meghan and Harry have been announcing the final details surrounding the upcoming wedding, with the pair revealing who their bridesmaids and page boys would be Wednesday.
Both Prince George, 4, and Princess Charlotte, 3, will be involved on the day.