NCIS: Los Angeles” actress Linda Hunt was hospitalized on Monday following a car accident in Los Angeles.

According to eyewitness reports via TMZ, Hunt was involved in a collision with a sedan and a Honda SUV after trying to make a left turn in her black BMW SUV. The 73-year-old was said to be visibly shaken following the accident and witnesses helped her to a lawn chair on the sidewalk.

Paramedics arrived to take a look at Hunt and decided she needed to be taken to hospital for further evaluation. A witness told TMZ that the drivers of the other vehicles involved in the wreck only suffered minor injuries.

A Los Angeles Fire Department spokesperson tells ET they responded to a 911 call on Monday afternoon that sent the LAFD to the 7800 block of Fountain Avenue near Orange Grove Avenue: “Our crews transported at least one person who was ill or injured and they were taken to an area hospital. The LAPD was notified to investigate.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Hunt’s rep released the following statement from the actress: “Yesterday I was involved in a minor traffic accident and taken to the hospital. I’m pleased to report I’m recovering well and have no serious injuries. Thank you for all the well wishes! I’m looking forward to starting production on ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ later this summer.”

RELATED: ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ Showrunner Demoted Following Harassment Accusations

Hunt is a former Oscar-winner, having earned a Best Supporting Actress nod for her role as Billy Kwan in Peter Weir’s “The Year of Living Dangerously”, which made her the first person to win an Oscar portraying a character of the opposite sex.

She has appeared in over 200 episodes of Global‘s “NCIS: Los Angeles” where she plays the popular character Henrietta “Hetty” Lange. She is also the narrator in the “God of War” video game franchise.

RELATED: CBS Responds To Pauley Perrette’s Tweets About ‘Multiple Physical Assaults’ Following ‘NCIS’ Exit

At this time, the cause of the accident is unknown and under investigation. According to TMZ, law enforcement sources confirmed that only one person was hospitalized.