Chris Hardwick Returning To Host ‘Talking Dead’ Following Sexual Assault Allegations

Chris Hardwick is returning to host AMC’s “Talking Dead”, following allegations of sexual assault from his ex-girlfriend, Chloe Dykstra.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the network has given the 46-year-old TV personality the green light to reprise his hosting duties on the after-show as of August 12, following the mid-season premiere of “Fear The Walking Dead”.

Related: Chloe Dykstra Is ‘Ready To Move Forward’ In Life Following Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Chris Hardwick

Hardwick was suspended from his role in mid-June after Dykstra penned an essay online, which accused the producer of emotional and sexual abuse.

In a statement, AMC said, “Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of ‘Talking Dead’ and ‘Talking with Chris Hardwick’.”

Related: Chris Hardwick’s Wife Lydia Hearst Breaks Silence Regarding Abuse Allegations

The statement adds, “We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step.”

The network’s decision to bring Hardwick back comes after a petition was created, asking for the former “Nerdist” host to be reinstated. One celebrity to speak out in support of the petition was “Thor” actress Jaimie Alexander.

Related: Yvette Nicole Brown Says She’s Not ‘Jockeying’ For Chris Hardwick’s Job On AMC’s ‘Talking Dead’

With Hardwick’s absence at the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con “The Walking Dead” panel last week, actress Yvette Nicole Brown stepped in for the host. However, she made it clear in a Twitter post that she was not “jockeying” for his job.

Click to View Gallery

The Most Shocking Moments From ‘The Walking Dead’

Get breaking news in your inbox

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP