Drake is breaking records and cashing cheques.
The “Nice For What” rapper’s latest studio album “Scorpion” is officially the album with the most weeks at number one on the Billboard 200 chart as of Sunday, July 29.
“Scorpion” has spent four weeks atop the chart, the most of any album in 2018, and the most consecutive weeks at number one in one-and-a-half years.
Most impressively, Drizzy’s fifth studio album is the first album to spend its first four weeks at number one in two years. The last project to achieve such a feat was Drake’s fourth studio album “Views”.
When it comes to overall charting achievements, the Canadian superstar has spent a grand total of 25 weeks at number one across all albums. That ties him for Jay-Z as the hip-hop artists with the second most all-time combined weeks at number one.
Take a look at the top 10 charting albums of the week below.
1. Drake, “Scorpion”
2. Post Malone, “beerbongs & bentleys”
3. “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again” Soundtrack
4. XXXTentacion, “?”
5. Cardi B, “Invasion of Privacy”
6. Juice WRLD, “Goodbye & Good Riddance”
7. Wiz Khalifa, “Rolling Papers 2”
8. “The Greatest Showman” Soundtrack
9. Taylor Swift, “reputation”
10. Lil Baby, “Harder Than Ever”