Clayne Crawford is finally telling his side of the story after being fired from the “Lethal Weapon” TV series earlier this year.
The actor was terminated from the series due to inappropriate on-set behaviour, including getting into a fight with co-star Damon Wayans.
RELATED: ‘Lethal Weapon’: Seann William Scott Steps In For Clayne Crawford In First Season 3 Promo
On Wednesday, Crawford appeared on the “Drinkin’ Bros” podcast to dispute some of the claims, calling reports that he had yelled at children on the set a “blatant f**king lie.”
According to Us Weekly, Crawford described being frustrated, along with many others on the set, at the time it was taking to shoot a relatively short scene.
“I snapped,” he admitted. “Should I have gone to my trailer? 100 per cent. Should I have just gone and waited? That’s what I was instructed to do when there was a problem — you go sit in your trailer and you lock your door and you take a nap.
“Hollywood is very sensitive, so I should not have screamed and yelled, right, because it’s a bunch of very delicate flowers out there.”
The actor also said that he knew that audio of his on-set tirades would be leaked at some point.
“I knew that they were going to release these tapes because they’d been blackmailing me with them for months and months and months, the entire second season,” he claimed. ”And I have all the text messages from these people and voicemails from these people saying, ‘Obviously you’re not the problem, but you’ve got to get ahead of this because you know they’re going to use those tapes against you.’”
Crawford also talked about his conversation with Warner Bros. TV head Peter Roth, who told him he would have to apologize publicly.
“He said, ‘Clayne, I can’t promise you that I can save your job but what I can tell you is that you have to make a public announcement apologizing, publicly, to Damon Wayans,’” the actor recalled. “I was like, ‘What the f**k, Peter, why would I apologize publicly because he and I had a riff on set?’ And he’s like, ‘Clayne, that statement alone tells me you don’t want to come back.’”
Following the firing, Crawford now admits that he refuses to even watch Fox, which broadcasts “Lethal Weapon” in the U.S.
“I’m not even gonna watch f**kin’ football on Thursday nights,” he said. “I won’t watch Fox for the simple fact that they made a statement, that ‘We didn’t have anything to do with this.’ I sent emails going, ‘This s**t’s about to come down, we need to get in a room and we need to have a conversation.’ And nobody f**king returned my emails. No one called me.”
“Lethal Weapon” will be continuing forward with season 3 this fall, featuring Seann William Scott as Wayans’ new co-star.