Olivia Munn is breaking her silence about the controversy surrounding “The Predator” after news broke that director Shane Black cast his friend Steven Wilder Striegel in the film without informing the cast and crew that Striegel was a registered sex offender.

As Just Jared reports, Munn became emotional on Saturday night while speaking to the audience at the Creative Coalition’s Spotlight Awards in Toronto.

“That [story] came out on Thursday and the interesting thing is not one of my cast members reached out to me to say ‘are you OK?’ or ‘thanks’ or anything,” Munn told the audience.

RELATED: 20th Century Fox Was ‘Silent For 2 Days’ Over ‘The Predator’ Sex Offender, Olivia Munn Says

“At the premiere that night I look over and the other five cast members are giving the director a standing ovation, but they didn’t even give me a call that day,” she continued. “I keep pushing forward and keep going knowing that at least you did the right thing, even if you’re not getting that support.”

She continued: “The only reason I’m talking about this publicly when usually I wouldn’t talk about something so personal is because today, in the middle of an interview, a cast member walked out and refused to do anymore interviews with me because they said questioning when they’re with Olivia is too draining for them.”

Holding back tears, Munn added: “I’m trying not to cry. I’m not crying because I’m sad, it’s a very frustrating feeling to be treated like you’re the one who went to jail for a crime against a child when all I did was the right thing.”

RELATED: ‘Predator’ Director Regrets Casting Registered Sex Offender: ‘I Was Misled By A Friend I Really Wanted To Believe’

She also revealed she had had been asked to keep her mouth shut about the controversy, but refused. “This movie is premiering and it’s a big blockbuster movie and I’ve been told from the top down to shut up. But I didn’t do it,” she said. ‘I’m just trying to do what’s right and I think that’s more inspiring and I think helps the film if you want to go to the bottom line. It would help the film more, don’t you think? But, people don’t like to be uncomfortable. Unfortunately my job isn’t to make people feel comfortable, my job is to tell the truth, and I think that’s what we all do as actors.”

Sterling K. Brown, who was unable to make it to the film festival tweeted to his co-star, writing:

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

 

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Carlos Bustamante spoke with Keegan-Michael during the film’s junket where he agrees, saying the studio handled it in the “most appropriate way”.

“I think it was taken care of in the best possible way it could have been taken care of,” Key shares, adding: “I think that FOX studios took the most appropriate action for what took place.”

At Thursday’s premiere for “The Predator” at the Toronto International Film Festival, neither director Shane Black nor Munn did any interviews.

While Black skipped the red carpet, Munn only posed for photos, tweeting the reason behind her being ushered into the theatre:

RELATED: Olivia Munn Calls Out Meghan Markle’s Sister For Recent Comments

ET Canada caught up with Munn’s co-stars — Boyd Holbrook at the premiere and he couldn’t help but gush over the “bada**” actress.

Munn, who appeared opposite Striegel in his only scene, told the studio of his ‘sex offender’ status on August 15 and has since spoken out about her director’s decision, saying she found it “both surprising and unsettling that Shane Black, our director, did not share this information to the cast, crew or Fox Studios prior to, during or after production.

“However,” she continued, “I am relieved that when Fox finally did receive the information, the studio took appropriate action by deleting the scene featuring Wilder prior to release of the film.”

Although she did not do press during the red carpet, Munn is expected to be a part of the film’s junket interviews.

RELATED: Ultimate ‘Predator’ Is On A Hunting Streak In New Trailer

Black released an apology on Thursday, saying he was not aware of the full circumstances surrounding Striegel’s registry and had accepted his friend’s explanation.

“Having read this morning’s news reports, it has sadly become clear to me that I was misled by a friend I really wanted to believe was telling me the truth when he described the circumstances of his conviction. I believe strongly in giving people second chances – but sometimes you discover that chance is not as warranted as you may have hoped.

“After learning more about the affidavit, transcripts and additional details surrounding Steve Striegel’s sentence, I am deeply disappointed in myself. I apologize to all of those, past and present, I’ve let down by having Steve around them without giving them a voice in the decision.”

Striegel pleaded guilty in 2010 to two felonies — risk of injury to a child and enticing a minor by computer — after facing allegations that he attempted to lure a 14-year-old female into a sexual relationship via the internet. He served six months in jail.

Click to View Gallery
Spotted At TIFF 2018