Rihanna’s $6.8-million Hollywood Hills mansion has reportedly been broken into for the second time this year.
Pictures of the alleged robbery emerged Wednesday morning, with CBS Los Angeles‘ Stu Mundel claiming that investigators had found evidence of a break-in but it was not clear at the time whether anything had been taken.
It’s not thought Rihanna or anyone else was home at the time, with neighbours telling police that suspects had been seen “fleeing in a silver vehicle” after alarms went off. LAPD crime techs were later seen bringing “bags of evidence” out of the mansion.
LAPD Captain Cory Palka has since confirmed: “We were notified due to the sophisticated technology and security and surveillance systems here, of which her representatives have access to. And because of alarms and technology, they were notified while the crime was taking place.”
He added, “The search is on for the suspects, we have some pretty good evidence.”
CBS added that one of Rihanna’s employees had told them he’d boarded up a glass door which had been shattered in the back of the home.
ET Canada has contacted Rihanna’s rep for further comments.
The latest news comes after Eduardo Leon was charged back in May after he broke into the singer’s mansion and spent 12 hours there.
Leon was charged at the time with felony counts of stalking, burglary and vandalism, and a misdemeanour count of resisting arrest.
The man in question, from Fullerton, pleaded guilty to all charges.
The break-in is the latest in a long line of robberies in the Los Angeles area, with Bella Thorne also being burglarized earlier this month. The actress was said to have had around $150,000 worth of possessions stolen.
She’s not the only one, as John Mayer’s home was “ransacked” back in August, with burglars allegedly walking off with belongings valued between $100,000 and $200,000.