Ozzy Osbourne Cancels Remaining Tour Dates After Emergency Surgery For Hand Infection

Ozzy Osbourne is recovering from hand surgery in a Los Angeles hospital, and his wife Sharon Osbourne offered an update about his condition on Monday’s edition of Global‘s “The Talk“, explaining how a small cut turned into a massive infection requiring medical intervention.

“He had a little cut on his thumb. You know when you pull the side of your nail and he just left it. And then he hit it on a door,” Osbourne, 65, said on the show. “It started to get bigger and bigger, and then his middle finger, the same thing happened… and Saturday morning we took him into the emergency room and what had happened from a tiny thing here on the side of his nail, it had turned into two different infections in his hand.”

According to Osbourne, the former Black Sabbath frontman, 69, is still recovering in the hospital.

“He had to have this operation where they cut the side of his thumb and this [middle] finger and they had to get rid of the infection,” she said. “It’s been from something you think is absolutely nothing, he’s still in hospital today. It’s unbelievable. He’s on an antibiotic drip, two different kinds and he’s just stuck there… eating ice cream.” Watch:

The 69-year-old musician took to Instagram over the weekend to announce that his upcoming show was cancelled following an infection, which required surgery on his hand.

Alongside a pic of Osbourne’s bandaged hand in a hospital bed, the post revealed that he was set to “spend a couple of days at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles where he’ll remain under doctor’s care as they monitor the infection.”

On Thursday, Ozzy announced the cancellation of his remaining tour dates.

“I’m so f**king bummed about cancelling these shows,” the singer said in a statement published by Rolling Stone. “The tour had been going great and we were really looking forward to these last few gigs. We’re hoping everyone will be patient and we’ll look forward to seeing them at the shows next year.”

Though his Saturday night performance — which was part of his “No More Tours II” run — in Mountain View, California, had to be postponed until Oct. 16, Osbourne is expected to return to the stage Tuesday night for his show in Chula Vista, California.

View this post on Instagram

Sat Oct 6 show at @ShorelineAmphitheatre in Mountain View, CA has being postponed due to illness. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy®-winning singer and songwriter is being treated for an infection, which required surgery on his hand this morning (Saturday, October 6). OSBOURNE will spend a couple of days at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles where he’ll remain under doctor’s care as they monitor the infection. The show is part of OZZY’s North American “NO MORE TOURS 2,” produced by @LiveNation, and is expected to resume on Tues, October 9 at @MattressFirmAmp in Chula Vista before this leg of the tour wraps with shows at the @HollywoodBowl (October 11) in Los Angeles and Las Vegas (October 13) at the @MGMGrand Garden Arena. @StoneSour will perform on these three shows. The Oct 6 show has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Oct 16 (support act for the new date is TBA). Ticketholders for the October 6 show should hold on to their tickets, as they will be honored at the rescheduled date on October 16. Refunds are also available at point of purchase.

A post shared by Ozzy Osbourne (@ozzyosbourne) on

Despite the frightening turn of events, Osbourne remains in good spirits. The Black Sabbath frontman followed his announcement post with a selfie from his hospital bed where he’s chowing down on ice cream.

“Feeling better after surgery,” he wrote. “Ice cream helps.”

View this post on Instagram

Feeling better after surgery. Ice cream helps

A post shared by Ozzy Osbourne (@ozzyosbourne) on

The “Crazy Train” singer was expected to return to the stage in Jan. for the United Kingdom leg of the tour.

ET caught up with the musician back in February where he discussed his reasons for finally saying goodbye to touring.

“We’ve been touring for 50 years. I’ve never seen my kids grow up — I’ve never been around — and now I have grandchildren and I want to spend some time with them,” he said of his son, Jack Osbourne’s, three children. “I feel like a mouse on a wheel going around in circles.”

Osbourne went on to describe his biggest fear as being “found dead in a hotel room,” before assuring fans that he wasn’t leaving music behind completely.

“It’s just time to come home,” he said at the time. “But I want people to understand I’m not retiring. I’m just not touring anymore. I’m gonna be doing gigs in Vegas, festivals, but I’m not touring anymore… I’m not giving up music.”

In a recent appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”, Ozzy’s wife, Sharon Osbourne, gushed about the musician’s shows.

“I’m just so proud of him, and I love to feel that audience, the way they love him and appreciate him,” she said. “There’s nothing like it. It’s magic to me.”

Watch the video below for more of ET’s sit down with Osbourne:

RELATED CONTENT:

Ozzy Osbourne Once Had 3,000 Pounds of Ice Delivered to His House When He Got Too Hot

Ozzy Osbourne Says He’s Not Proud of Cheating on Sharon: ‘You Make a Mistake and You Learn by It’

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne Renew Their Wedding Vows, Ozzy Felt ‘Guilty’ After Infidelity Scandal, Source Says

Click to View Gallery

Star Spotting

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP