George Clooney is one of the many actors in Hollywood who has weighed in on the lack of diversity among this year’s Oscar nominees. But, instead of just talking about the issue at hand, Clooney has vowed to take impactful strides as a producer to help address the industry-wide problem.

“You’ve never done enough,”; Clooney said on the red carpet at the “Hail, Caesar!”; premiere in Hollywood on Monday. “I’ve directed five films, and four of them were historical, so I couldn’t change the race on Edward R. Murrow, but you know there’s one film I did that I could have, and I should pay more attention to it.

The actor previously spoke with Variety magazine saying that while more actions need to be taken by the Academy, the organization is not fully to blame:”There were four films this year: “Creed’ could have gotten nominations; “Concussion’ could have gotten Will Smith a nomination; Idris Elba could have been nominated for “Beasts of No Nation’; and “Straight Outta Compton’ could have been nominated. And certainly last year, with “Selma’ director Ava DuVernay — I think that it’s just ridiculous not to nominate her.”;

Related: EXCLUSIVE: George Clooney On Adopting A Dog For His Parents: “He’s The Love Of Their Lives’

“There should be more opportunity than that,” he explains. “There should be 20 or 30 or 40 films of the quality that people would consider for the Oscars. By the way, we’re talking about African Americans. For Hispanics, it’s even worse. We need to get better at this. We used to be better at it.”;

The 54-year-old shared similar sentiments at the “Hail, Caesar!”; premiere on Monday.

“It’s also who greenlights films, because when I go to the studio and say, “Here’s the movie I’m gonna do,’ they go, “Well, here’s the list of five actors that we’ll give you the money to do the film for,'”; Clooney said. “So that list has to change or has to expand, I think, in order for us to make those films.”;