Taron Egerton has spoken out about Kevin Spacey in a new interview, insisting the disgraced actor is an “audacious flirt” but was never “inappropriate” with him.
Egerton, 29, who starred in the flop film “Billionaire Boys Club” with Spacey, 59, told the Sunday Telegraph: “In some respects the movie didn’t turn out as strong as it could have done. That’s me being totally candid. There was a lot of jargon about investments and figures.
“An audience doesn’t go to the cinema for that, they go for character arc.”
He added, according to Metro: “It didn’t quite come together in the way it should have, which is really disappointing and horrible for all the talented people who worked on that film.
“And then there was Kevin Spacey’s involvement. He was never inappropriate with me. There’s a fine line, though, isn’t there, between someone being an audacious flirt and being predatory. I thought he was the former. But it’s sad that his professional demise threw such a shadow over our film.”
The film was said to have made just $126 on its opening day, released earlier this year after Spacey was accused of sexual misconduct by numerous people, including “Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp.
Rapp claimed Spacey made unwanted sexual advances toward him when he was just 14.
Egerton was then asked if he knew anyone who had been directly affected by the Spacey accusations: “No. On the surface level, he’s flirty. He is not my first experience of a flirty older bloke.
“Even from the age of 17 or 18, I’ve experienced that and I’ve never felt threatened by that, although [Spacey] obviously has made some people feel threatened, and that’s unacceptable.”