Alec Baldwin appeared in court Monday where he was hit with two charges; the actor is accused of punching a New York driver during an alleged fight over a parking space.
TMZ confirmed Baldwin, 60, had been charged with one count of attempted assault in the third degree and one count of harassment in the second degree — both misdemeanours.
The publication added that the star did not enter a plea; his defence said video evidence was shown proving Baldwin never punched the other man.
Baldwin has now been given a court date for January 23, 2019.
In court documents obtained by ET Canada, the alleged victim claimed, “I observed the defendant push me and then strike me across the left side of my face with his closed right hand, resulting in pain to my face.”
Legal language also stated that “the defendant, with intent to cause physical injury to another person, attempted to cause such injury to another person; the defendant, with intent to harass, annoy and alarm another, subjected that person to physical contact and attempted and threatened to do the same.”
It was also reported Baldwin told cops: “He’s an a**hole. He stole my spot,” before admitting, “I did push him,” according to The Blast.
Baldwin previously said, according to the Toronto Star: “The argument that I punched somebody in the face over a parking spot is absurd.
“I’m sure there are three cameras in front of my building and I’ve seen the footage from all three of those cameras.”