ET Canada

Prince Harry ‘Feels Imprisoned At Kensington Palace’ As Royal Rift Rumours Continue: ‘He Can’t Wait To Get Out’

By Becca Longmire.

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - OCTOBER 27: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex gives a speech at the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games on October 27, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are on their official 16-day Autumn tour visiting cities in Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand. (Photo by Samir Hussein/Samir Hussein/WireImage)

Prince Harry reportedly feels “imprisoned” at Kensington Palace, hence why he and Meghan Markle are moving to Frogmore Cottage.

Harry, 34, who is set to welcome his first child with Meghan, 37, in the spring, has allegedly told friends he wants out. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have lived at the Palace’s Nottingham Cottage since their engagement last year.

Royal biographer Ingrid Seward, author of “My Husband and I”, told People: “Harry feels very imprisoned at Kensington Palace. He can’t wait to get out.”

Harry and Meghan are also rumoured to want to raise their baby “away from the limelight.”

The latest comments come as rumours of an alleged rift between brothers Harry and William continued to emerge.

RELATED: Why Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Are Moving Out Of Kensington Palace

According to Vanity Fair‘s royal reporter Katie Nicholl, Harry reportedly felt like William wasn’t doing enough to make his wife feel welcome.

An insider said of last Christmas, “Harry felt William wasn’t rolling out the red carpet for Meghan and told him so. They had a bit of a fallout, which was only resolved when Charles stepped in and asked William to make an effort.

Story continues below

“That’s when the Cambridges invited the Sussexes to spend Christmas with them.”

The Palace refused to comment when approached by ET Canada.

Click to View Gallery
Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s Royal Tour Of Australia, Fiji, Tonga And New Zealand
Ad Choices