A Pennsylvania judge made this decision without a hearing, the source says, adding that the reality star’s ex-wife, Kate Gosselin, did not show up in court on Tuesday. According to the source, Kate can’t appeal temporary full custody, and no other issues were addressed today.
The source says that all Jon cares about right now is Collin and enjoying the holiday with his family
A Pennsylvania judge made the decision on Tuesday after the reality star’s ex-wife, Kate Gosselin, and her lawyer did not show up for the scheduled court appearance.
Earlier this week, Kate had asked for the hearing to be postponed, but her request was denied, according to UsWeekly, who was first to report the news. ET has reached out to Jon and his lawyer for comment.
Jon saw Collin for the first time in three years last month when the teen, who has reportedly been enrolled in a schooling program for children with special needs, paid a visit home.
View this post on Instagram
A HUGE thank you to Eric Rodriguez @ebarber828 at Mike and Joes Barber shop for welcoming my son Collin home with a fresh new cut!!! Eric has cut my hair for 20 plus years. #family #teammikeandjoes I appreciate everything Eric and Everyone at Mike and Joes has done for me and my family over the years. Thank you guys for being there!!!
A source close to Jon told ET at the time that Collin was “doing great.”
“It took a while to get here, but things are all coming together,” the source added. “Jon just wants to have his family back, and live his life.”
Hear more on the former “Jon & Kate Plus 8” stars in the video below.
More from ET: