Thomas Markle has exhausted all resources in an effort to reach his daughter.
The former TV lighting director shared his frustrations over his seemingly non-existent relationship with the Duchess of Sussex in a new interview with Mail on Sunday.
“I have been frozen out and I can’t stay silent. I have made dozens of attempts to reach my daughter via text and letters but she and Harry have put up a wall of silence,” he recently said. “I’ve sent several texts. Her number hasn’t changed and they haven’t bounced back,” he said, insinuating that she has seen the messages but has chosen not to respond.
“I’ve pleaded with her to pick up the phone. I wrote her a two-page letter and sent it by certified mail via her representative in Los Angeles,” he expressed. “I asked her why she was believing the lies. I even hand-delivered a letter to [her mother] Doria asking her why our daughter won’t speak to me.”
Markle said he and his daughter Meghan had no issues communicating prior to her involvement with now-husband Prince Harry. He showed the Mail cards and letters he received from Meghan — nicknamed Bean — over the years.
“If she would just speak to me, things could be different,” he said. “I love Meghan very much. I want her and Harry to have a beautiful, healthy baby and a great life. But I want them to stop believing the lies.”
Markle has been chastised online for bringing up his daughter in yet another tabloid interview. TMZ says the intention of the interview was initially to clear up misconceptions about himself, not drag Meghan through the dirt.
Markle rejected accusations that he faked his heart attack earlier this year. He shared medical receipts for his heart surgery.
The former “Suits” actress lived with her dad from the age of 11 until she left for college.