UPDATE: Tuesday, March 8 (3:50 p.m. ET) – After Kelly Clarkson slammed Dr. Luke in a no-holds-barred interview last week, a spokesperson for the music producer has come out to defend his high standards of productions.

After reaching out to Dr. Luke’s rep, the website Digital Spy received an excerpt from Sony Music chief Clive Davis’s 2013 memoir, The Soundtrack of My Life, in response, which documented the Clarkson, Max Martin and Dr. Luke’s working relationship while they produced her hits “Since U Been Gone” and “Behind These Hazel Eyes.”

“Max and Luke are very strong, hands-on producers in the studio. They are intent on getting perfect vocal performances, and are relentless in that pursuit,”; the except read. “It was hard for Kelly, who had come from the high of winning American Idol and then having a double platinum album. You’re young, everybody recognizes you everywhere you go. It’s heady, and all that attention affects all Idol winners.

“But then suddenly you’re in an entirely different world of making records in a studio, and you have to take direction. Kelly didn’t like it. Max and Luke were relentless in getting the right performance of their song. Kelly got her back up, and from her perspective, she had a horrible experience in the studio,” Davis wrote. “She’d never work with them again, she said. Then, after all the work was done, I listened to the performances. They were terrific. I could not have been more thrilled. This was a whole new direction for Kelly, so far away from “A Moment Like This,’ which defined her first year’s experience.”

Kelly Clarkson also addressed the interview on Tuesday, turning to Twitter to clear up any concerns from fans after she called revealed her label “blackmailed”; her into working with Dr. Luke.

“Want to clarify that my current regime at is not the same one who forced me to work w/Dr. Luke,”; she tweeted Tuesday afternoon. “Peter Edge is rad & a good dude!

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

—-

Kelly Clarkson didn’t mince her words when the singer opened up about her working relationship with troubled music producer, Dr. Luke.

Sitting down with Australia’s KIIS FM, the “American Idol”; alum blasted the music producer, who is currently involved in a legal dispute over his contract with Kesha.

Hours after the “Die Young”; songstress was denied an injunction in her legal case against Dr. Luke, Clarkson took to Twitter alluding to some bad blood between her and the defamed pop music maker. “Trying 2 not say anything since I can’t say anything nice about a person … so this is me not talking about Dr. Luke ,”; she tweeted.

RELATED: “I Didn’t Rape Kesha’ Says Dr. Luke In Twitter Rant

Over the weekend, DJs Kyle and Jackie O pushed the singer for details about her time with the troubled industry veteran. “He’s just not a good person to me,”; Clarkson said on The Kyle and Jackie O Show. “We’ve clashed. … Obviously, he’s a talented dude, but he’s just lied a lot. His character, kind of — I mean, I’ve run into a couple really bad situations, like, musically. It’s been really hard for me, because he will just lie to people, so, it’s like, “What?!’ And then it makes the artist look bad. And he’s kind of difficult to work with, kind of demeaning.”;

RELATED: Sony Weighs In On Kesha’s Legal Battle With Dr. Luke

Clarkson’s collaboration with the producer generated her breakout hit “Since U Been Gone,” but the success came with a few strings attached she said, before revealing that her label allegedly forced her into the partnership. We worked together “because literally I got blackmailed by my label. They were like, “We will not put your album out if you don’t do this,'” she admitted.

Dr. Luke would go on to work on two other singles with Clarkson, “Behind These Hazel Eyes” and 2009’s “My Life Would Suck Without You.”

Listen to the telling interview below: