Jussie Smollett Apologizes To ‘Empire’ Cast Following Arrest, Maintains His Innocence: ‘I Swear To God I Did Not Do This’

Jussie Smollett was reportedly spotted back on the “Empire” set after posting bail.

The actor was arrested Thursday morning after filing a false police report claiming two men attacked him. After an investigation, Chicago police learned Smollett allegedly paid the suspects $3,500 to stage the attack.

RELATED: Jussie Smollett Released On $100,000 Bond; Next Court Date Set For March In ‘Hoax’ Attack Case

According to The Hollywood Reporter, just hours after posting $100,000 bail, the 36-year-old headed back to the set of the Fox drama, which films in Chicago.

According to TMZ, Smollett’s return to the set was emotional as he apologized to his “Empire” co-stars and maintained his innocence.

In fact, TMZ reports that Smollett addressed everyone on the set, saying, “I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.”

Then, reports TMZ, Smollett left the set. “We’re told it was obvious Jussie had been crying a lot, so producers said he would have to come back later.” He reportedly did return to set, and shot his scenes.

The drama is currently in production on its fifth season; THR reports that “Empire” writers have already come up with several ideas to write Smollett’s character off the series.

After appearing in court Thursday, Smollett will have to give up his passport and submit to pre-trial monitoring during his release, according to Global News, with his next court date set for March 14.

RELATED: Fox Is ‘Considering Options’ Following Jussie Smollett’s Arrest

A press conference was held Thursday morning after Smollett was surrendered to police.

Get breaking news in your inbox

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP