There’s good news for everyone who couldn’t get enough of Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga’s intimate Oscars performance of “Shallow”.
Now, fans will be able to see 12 additional minutes of music in the extended edition of “A Star Is Born”, which is set to be released in theatres on Friday in celebration of the film’s Oscar-winning song, “Shallow”.
“A Star Is Born”, which tells the gut-wrenching story of the romance between superstar Jackson Maine (Cooper) and up-and-coming singer, Ally (Gaga), grossed over $425 million worldwide.
Though it’s already been released on DVD/Blu-Ray and digital download, the new theatrical edition will include extended performances of Cooper’s Jackson Maine and Gaga’s Ally.
The additional footage will include extended performances of “Black Eyes” and “Alibi”, performed by Cooper, and an a capella version of “Shallow” by Gaga. Unseen footage of Ally singing to Jack at their wedding, new footage of Jack singing “Gone Too Far” in studio and an additional collaboration between Jack and Ally on “Clover” will also be included.
Beginning March 1, the extended version of the movie will screen in the following Canadian Cineplex locations:
- Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas (Vancouver, BC)
- Cineplex Cinemas Langley (Langley, BC)
- Cineplex Cinemas Coquitlam and VIP (Coquitlam, BC)
- Cineplex Odeon South Edmonton Cinemas (Edmonton, AB)
- Scotiabank Theatre Saskatoon and VIP (Saskatoon, SK)
- Cineplex Odeon McGillivray Cinemas and VIP (Winnipeg, MB)
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP (Toronto, ON)
- Famous Players Canada Square Cinemas (Toronto, ON)
- Cineplex Odeon Morningside Cinemas (Scarborough, ON)
- Cineplex Cinemas Winston Churchill (Oakville, ON)
- Scotiabank Theatre Montreal (Montreal, QC)