Following the passing of Prince last week, the rumour mill has been churning with claims that the music icon’s death at age 57 was drug-related.

While the coroner’s report will soon provide a cause of death, Prince’s lawyer is refuting those claims, stating his client was “not on any drugs that would be any cause for concern.”;

Attorney L. Londell McMillan served as Prince’s lawyer for 25 years, and tells Associated Press that he never witnessed any evidence of drug use.

Related: Report: Prince Was Treated For Drug Overdose Days Before He Died

“People use medication,”; says McMillan. “The question is, are you on meds in a dangerous way?”;

In fact, adds McMillan, Prince was a vegan who prided himself on his clean lifestyle.

“Everybody who knows Prince knows he wasn’t walking around drugged up,”; McMillan said. “That’s foolish. No one ever saw Prince and said, “He looks high.’ It wasn’t what he was about.”;

Related: Prince Memorial Being Held At Late Singer’s Paisley Park Estate On Saturday

McMillan was among the small number of guests invited to an intimate memorial service at Paisley Park on Saturday, and admits he’s “shocked and overwhelme

“It was a very loving and special, solemn and very appreciative,”; McMillan says of the service. “I think he would have been proud of how we celebrated his life.”;