Celine Dion Says ‘Ciao For Now’ To Vegas, Announces ‘Courage’ World Tour And New Album

Celine Dion unveiled an outrageous new video on Wednesday to announce she’s saying “ciao for now” to Las Vegas in order to hit the road and embark on her first world tour in more than a decade.

With Dion’s eight-year Las Vegas residency concluding in June, her “Courage World Tour” will kick off with a two-night stint in Quebec City on Sept. 18, stopping in more than 50 cities. Other Canadian dates include Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnipeg.

RELATED: Celine Dion Teases New Project With Cryptic Social Media Posts

Dion initially made the announcement to a packed house of fans during a special live event at the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, where she unveiled the tour video before closing out the event with an intimate Q&A with the audience. Fans can watch the full event via a previously recorded Facebook Live video, which can be viewed right here.

“I’m so grateful to all the fans who have come to see my show in Las Vegas for so many years, and now I get the chance to create a brand new show and bring it to them in North America, and around the world,” said the 51-year-old singer, who also had more exciting news to share.

RELATED: Celine Dion Opens Up About Life After Rene, Becomes New L’Oreal Global Spokesperson

“I’m very excited about this tour,” she added, “and my new album… coming later this year.”

Tickets for the first leg of the tour will go on sale to the public on Friday, April 12 at 10 a.m. ET local time, while members of her TeamCeline fan club will have access to purchase tickets before the public through an advance pre-sale. In addition, American Express cardholders can purchase tickets before the public beginning Monday, April 8 at 10 a.m. ET through to Thursday, April 11 at 10 p.m. ET.

Celine Dion To Make Her ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Debut, Seen Recreating That Iconic ‘Titanic’ Scene With James Corden

“We’ve been thrilled to be working with Celine for these last 16 years in Las Vegas, and we’re even more delighted that for the first time in more than a decade, she will be bringing her show to her fans, all around the world, starting here in North America this September,” said John Meglen president and co-CEO of Concerts West, which is mounting the tour. “Celine is a treasure, truly a voice for the ages.”

Meanwhile, fans are advised to watch the above video until the very end, following the tour dates, to catch some behind-the-scenes footage — including Dion unleashing her incredible range on Dolly Parton’s classic “Jolene:

Dion hinted that a big announcement was coming up in some previous social media posts:

Click to View Gallery

Celine Dion: The Queen Of Canada

Get breaking news in your inbox

Related

Comments

Powered by WordPress.com VIP