Meghan Markle has gone into labour and Prince Harry is by her side.

Kensington Palace released a statement to ET Canada confirming the news on Monday, announcing the Duchess of Sussex had gone into labour “in the early hours of the morning.”

The Palace also said Prince Harry is with her, to welcome their first child together.

RELATED: Meghan Markle Is ‘Comfortable And Content’ Despite Being Over Her Due Date

Excitement has been building around the birth of Baby Sussex, despite Meghan and Harry releasing very little information.

The Duchess did previously confirm that her due date was at the end of April/start of May.

The couple recently said they wanted to spend some quality time together as a family before telling the world of the new arrival.

Click to View Gallery
How We Know Harry And Meghan Will Make Great Parents

However, it was confirmed last week that the Palace would be telling the media when Meghan had gone into labour.

Baby Sussex will be seventh in line to the throne, behind the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and his children; Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, along with the Duke of Sussex.