It’s been another huge year for Ed Sheeran.
According to the Sunday Times Rich List, Sheeran is now worth a whopping £160 million (around $280 million CAD), meaning he’s topped Adele to become the 17th richest musician in the U.K. and Ireland.
Adele is currently in 22nd place with £150 million ($263 million).
A lot of Sheeran’s income will have come from his huge Divide world tour that has kept him on the road for more than two years.
His wealth has doubled over the past 12 months, according to The Times.
Robert Watts, who compiles the annual Sunday Times list, said: “A perfect year for Ed Sheeran has seen the flame-haired singer-songwriter earn more than any other musician has ever done in a year. Modest, hard-working and still only 28 we believe he has the potential to become the first British musician to reach billionaire status.”
This year marks the first time Sir Paul McCartney and his £750 million ($1.3 billion) have been pipped to the post by Lord Lloyd-Webber, who is now worth £820 million ($1.4 billion).
U2 are also up there in third place, with the four-piece valued together at £583 million (just over $1 billion).
See the top 10 richest musicians in the U.K. and Ireland below:
1. Andrew Lloyd-Webber – £820 million (around $1.4 billion)
2. Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell – £750 million ($1.3 billion)
3. U2 – £583 million ($1 billion)
4. Sir Elton John – £320 million ($561 million)
5. Sir Mick Jagger – £275 million ($482 million)
6. Keith Richards – £260 million ($456 million)
7. Olivia and Dhani Harrison – £250 million ($438 million)
8. Sir Ringo Starr – £240 million ($421 million)
9. Michael Flatley – £204 million ($358 million)
10. Sting – £200 million ($350 million)